Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beach Day Take 2 ...

I don't have a lot of time to devote to a post BUT I did want to share the fun from Beach Day Take 2 ...
Brooke, Hayley, Jake and I were able to escape for a fun day at the beach last week ...

These are a few highlights from our trip:

~  We stopped along the way for breakfast at McDonald's ....

~  We arrived at the beach at about 9 am ....

~  The weather was PERFECT ....

~  We walked on the beach and found lots seashells ....

~  Brooke, Hayley and Jake ran through the sitting seagulls and made them fly (several times) - I     wish I had taken my phone and got a video of it ....

~  Hayley and Jake buried themselves in the sand while Brooke and I sat in our chairs with the waves at our feet talking ….

~  We saw huge schools of fish swimming like a stream in front of us and no matter how hard we tried we couldn’t touch them ….

~  We saw some sort of LARGE animal frolicking way far out – it wasn’t a dolphin and it wasn’t a shark – I told the kids I thought it was a whale and after doing some research online I’m convinced it was a Right Whale ….

~  The water was FREEZING!!  Hayley’s lips turned purple EVERY time we got in the water ….

~  We ate lunch at a GREAT beach side cafĂ© ….

~  Jake said 2 AMAZING and THOUGHTFUL prayers for us …. You know – not the same recited prayer you say before every meal ….

~  On the way home when I received some bad news I silently began to cry and all 3 of them comforted me ….

If all goes as planned we will make one more beach trip before school starts ….

God has truly blessed me with these wonderful nieces and nephew … I have been fortunate enough to watch them grow in to such kind, sweet, caring and loving children!!  I enjoy EVERY moment I spend with them!!  I pray that the Lord will bless them with MANY more years on this earth ….

Here are just a few pictures of the day - most of which are taken by Jake & Hayley on the way ….

Hayley Bug
Jake

Brooke

Brooke texting while I was pumping gas ....


Brooke striking a pose ....
Hayley Bug ....


Jake being silly ....


Jake and Hayley ....


Brooke and Aunt Amy ....

 Jake in the sand ....

 Hayley Bug in the sand ....

 Jake after the sand ....


Hayley Bug after the sand ....

Our feet in the sand and waves ....

No comments:

Post a Comment