Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Florida College Camp - Part 2


3 of the sweetest girls you will ever meet ...
looks like they are having FUN at camp ...
of course I would be having fun if I was at the water park too!!!!

For months there have been so many people gearing up and planning for an AMAZING week at camp.  One of the things I LOVE the most about having the camp in our area is that it brings so many visitors to our worship service on Sunday morning.  Y’all we had 311 people at worship Sunday morning.  The singing was AMAZING … so amazing that I found myself covered in chill bumps and just sitting there listening!!  Just a side note here ~ I love love love my church family AND we have AMAZING singing ALL THE TIME BUT “Camp Sunday” is ALWAYS extra AMAZING!!!!  I also love the familiar faces that Camp Sunday brings … faces that I may only see once a year BUT they are faces of people that I love dearly!!
For several weeks I have been trying to think of what I could send to my oldest niece and her 3 “buddies” AKA the 4 Amigos.  I mean regular ol’ mail is just boring to 13 year olds.  So it hit me one day … my niece has been eating her Aunt Amy’s Famous Amos Pound Cake since she was 5 months old and I know that the 3 other girls LOVE Aunt Amy’s Famous Amos Pound Cake as well so the big item of the care package was decided upon!  While I was doing my weekly grocery shopping I added some other care package items to my cart … chocolate M & M’s, Blow Pops, Twizzlers, Mike & Ikes, Pringles, gummy worms, sour gummy worms, bubble gum and minty gum.  My original intention was to package it all up and ship it over night so that the girls would get their package on Wednesday.  Then it hit me just as I was pulling the pound cake out of the oven yesterday morning … a few phone calls later and I was Florida College Camp bound to deliver the care package in person.  I quickly made up a card to leave with the WARM pound cake in their chalet.  I then drove over to the gym to deliver the other goodies to someone who was going to deliver them to Brooke during lunch.  While I was making the exchange I looked up and Brooke was coming out of the gym (we had no idea that she was in the gym)!!  Y’all that sweet niece of mine ran over to the car and gave me the biggest hug and kiss and she was smiling from ear to ear … it absolutely melted my heart!!  She peaked in the bag and was thrilled with the “junk food” selections I had made, then she quickly reminded me that I was picking her up on Friday, gave me another hug and kiss, an “I love you” and scurried off to her chalet to primp before lunch.  It made my heart SMILE to see my girl SMILE!!  Then this morning I had the sweetest voicemail from my girl thanking me for the pound cake and all the other goodies, she told me she loved me and she would see me Friday …
I pray that all of the kids will soak up God’s Word this week so that they will be better equipped to let their lights shine when they come home!!  Lord willing I will be able to be a part of this wonderful camp next year so that my youngest niece Hayley Bug and my nephew Jake will be able to experience what Brooke is experiencing this week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi u r right I love it all and so did the cabinmates it was great. I even hid it from some girls from another cabin. I did let the girls and some extra girls and people have te left overs instead of bringin it home for us. I know it sounds crazy but it was the nice thing to do and I didn't need it anyway.!Lol

    ReplyDelete